About Settlers Arms
Settlers Arms was established in 1848. Originally located in Dowling Street, it was relocated to the present site in the 1853. Most of the bricks used were made by convicts. The ‘new’ part of the building, that is located closest to Lord Street, dates back to 1891. In 1901, Settlers Arms became The Courthouse Hotel and was known as such up until 2005 when it once again became, Settlers Arms.